Monday, June 21, 2010

Koru ice - ice cream love


When we were in wellington I was reading the dominion post and found a review of a New Zealand ice cream company called Koru Ice. They have received awards for there innovative and yummy original recipes. Such as easter bun, Christmas pudding and pumpkin spice. I love trying new things and was really excited to see that they were only just down the road. We pulled up to the shop on the side of the main highway that with its almost psychedelic yellow exterior did not look like the home of gourmet ice cream.

There was so many flavours, cranberry and apple, quince, pineapple lump, peanut butter, apple and cinnamon, rhubarb, chocolate and so many more they were either a gelato, sorbet or organic ice cream.

For only $2.50 I had a waffle cone with a massive scoop of organic pumpkin spice ice cream. I have been craving pumpkin pie for a while. This ice cream not only tasted like the best pumpkin pie I have ever tasted but by far the best ice cream.

The next day I went back and there was even more of a selection. This time for only $2.00 I got pumpkin spice and apple and cinnamon.

You all better get in quick because there is no way this ice cream is going to stay this cheap once the masses find out. I cant wait to go back and try the newest flavour which is kumara and caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment